Sunday, February 10, 2013

26 goals for age 26

I woke up this morning with good intentions. I felt great even though I had a few cocktails at last night's Charity Bash. I put on my slippers and tied back my hair, ready to conquer the task of packing up boxes to take to the storage unit. A project I've been working on for the past week but keep getting distracted from. I also planned to walk my dogs to our neighborhood market for lunch and attend the 5:30 Pure Bikram Yoga class downtown. I've never actually attended the class, but it's always on my to-do list for the day.

Guess what actually got accomplished? Nothing.

It is 6 pm on Sunday and the only reason I am getting out of my pajamas is because Ben is hungry. Of course he is, because he spent the last 5 hours riding his bike. I'm really not that hungry because I've stuffed my face with leftover pizza and girl scout cookies, but I'm going to eat sushi with Ben anyway.

This will be the last day I spend like this. In exactly 12 days I will turn 26. I live in a gorgeous house that is never clean. I say I'm going to work out every day but never actually do it. And my mind is in a constant state of cloudiness. I'm living in limbo. I've reached a fork in the road and it's time to make a decision on how I want to spend the rest of my life. I'm not going to bore you with the details, I'm just going to tell you that I finally feel motivated. 26 is going to be my year. A year of change. A year of personal growth. The year that I make myself physically, mentally, and spiritually happy.

Hence, the 26 goals of 26:


1. Host a party that raises money for charity.
2. Complete the full 21 days of the Clean Program.
3. Take my dogs for a walk every day.
4. Complete the Bikram 60 Day Challenge.
5. Read at least 1 book a month.
6. Break my Diet Coke addiction.
7. Be a better friend.  
8. Lose 15 pounds.
9. Create a moss lawn in my backyard.
10. Skydive.
11. Turn my basement into a studio.
12. Sell whatever I don’t need.
13. Try a new recipe each week.
14. Keep my car clean.
15. Run a half marathon.
16. Compete in a sprint triathlon.   
17. Plant a vegetable garden.
18. Make my bed every morning.
19. Stop pinning and start creating.
20. Have a date night with my husband every week.
21. Make my house a home.
22. Learn to be a better business woman.
23. Find a cause that I believe in.
24. Go the entire year without eating fast food.
25. Find a church that we enjoy.
26. Be significant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment